2016年12月3日 星期六

Malala Yousafzai - Nobel Lecture

Nobel Lecture by Malala Yousafzai, Oslo, 10 December 2014

Bismillah hir rahman ir rahim.
In the name of God, the most merciful, the most beneficent
.
Your Majesties, Your royal highnesses, distinguished members of the Norwegian Nobel Committee(挪威諾貝爾委員會),
Dear sisters and brothers, today is a day of great happiness for me. I am humbled that the Nobel Committee has selected me for this precious award.
Thank you to everyone for your continued support and love. Thank you for the letters and cards that I still receive from all around the world. Your kind and encouraging words strengthens and inspires me.
I would like to thank my parents for their unconditional love. Thank you to my father for not clipping my wings and for letting me fly. Thank you to my mother for inspiring me to be patient and to always speak the truth - which we strongly believe is the true message of Islam. And also thank you to all my wonderful teachers, who inspired me to believe in myself and be brave.
I am proud, well in fact, I am very proud to be the first Pashtun, the first Pakistani, and the youngest person to receive this award. Along with that, along with that, I am pretty certain that I am also the first recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize who still fights with her younger brothers. I want there to be peace everywhere, but my brothers and I are still working on that.
I am also honoured to receive this award together with Kailash Satyarthi, who has been a champion for children's rights for a long time. Twice as long, in fact, than I have been alive. I am proud that we can work together, we can work together and show the world that an Indian and a Pakistani, they can work together and achieve their goals of children's rights.
Dear brothers and sisters, I was named after the inspirational Malalai of Maiwand who is the Pashtun Joan of Arc. The word Malala means grief stricken", sad", but in order to lend some happiness to it, my grandfather would always call me Malala – The happiest girl in the world" and today I am very happy that we are together fighting for an important cause.
This award is not just for me. It is for those forgotten children who want education. It is for those frightened children who want peace. It is for those voiceless children who want change.
I am hertime to take action so it becomes the last time, the last time, so it becomes the last time that we see a child deprived of education.
I have found that people describe me in many different ways.
Some people call me the girl who was shot by the Taliban(塔利班).
Some people, call me a "Nobel Laureate" now.



(part of Malala's speech in Nobel Award)
https://www.nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2014/yousafzai-lecture_en.html

Structure of the Lead
Who-Malala
When-October 10th of 2014
What-not given
Why- Malala Advocates that all children have their right to accept education .So she was selected by the Nobel committee as one of the Nobel Peace award winners.
Where.not given
How-not given


Key words:
1. merchiful 仁慈的
2. unconditional 無條件的
3. clip 剪
4. Pashtun 普什圖人
5. honoured 榮幸
6. Kailash Satyarthi凱拉西‧薩塔雅提 印度兒童人權運動家
5. voiceless 無聲
6. hertime 總是
7. deprive剝奪
8. laureate桂冠;或著指受到至高榮譽的人

沒有留言:

張貼留言